Need help to value TR250 American Racing Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need help to value TR250 American Racing Wheels
From: "Lawrence G. Miceli" <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 22:53:58 -0400
I have the unfortunate task of probating a friend's estate and helping
his widow  unload a warehouse full of Triumph parts here in south
Florida. Most parts are mechanical bits such as motor, trans, and
suspension parts, as well as body parts, but one item in the warehouse is
a set of American Racing Wheels that were dealer optional on the TR 250.
A picture of these wheels is shown in the book "The Triumph TR5/250 and
TR6 companion", by Rossi and Clarke, on page 41. I have never seen
another set of them.

These are not the 4 spoke AR wheels that were optional on TR6s, but have
8 spokes. I do not know if they are aluminum or magnesium (both were
available).

There are 4 of them all in excellent condition. I think they should be
worth at least as much as a new set of repro minilites (about 200 bucks
each). Am I off base here? I do not a have a need for them, and only want
to get a fair price for them for the estate.

Any input would be appreciated.

Larry Miceli
Pompano Beach, Florida
Gold Coast Triumph Club
 '73 Stag   *    '66 Herald   *   '69 Jaguar XKE FHC (in a million
pieces)