Re: Frozen eyeball

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frozen eyeball
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:08:53 -0400
LaJoMor@aol.com wrote:

> Philip...I used silicone spray lube on my Toyota eyeball vent...not much
> needed. It helped and didn't smell. It doesn't seem to leave a residue
> either...good luck...
> Larry M
> TR250

Philip,

I'd suggest taking the vent out of the dash.  I find that the sticking is
usually caused byt the felt coming out of it's channel and getting wedged
around the eyeball lip.  Forcing it from the front may cause it to come out
altogether making repair more difficult.  Remove the vent and look in from
the backside.  If the felt is starting to creep out, you can push it back
with a small pick or screwdriver.  Once it comes out completely, it's harder
to get it back working smoothly again.

Good luck!

Brian Schlorff
Power British