Re: Lucas fuses

To: "Mark Gendron" <mgendron@speakeasy.org>, "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Chris De Wet" <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Subject: Re: Lucas fuses
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:39:04 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
SIMPLE TERMS  - DIFFERENT ERA   DIFFERENT STANDARDS      :-)

...olden days
17 / 35 amp =  17 continuous hold -
should hold a peak continuous 17 amps for 1 hour before blowing
35 amp spec = 10 seconds  to instant blow rating

....now a days
20 amp = should hold a peak continuous 20 amps for 1 hour before blowing
instant blow is usually spec'ed as a % of stamp value.
IE:  200% = 10 second hold,  400% instant blow
Note:   Typical fuses of today are much more sensitive to in rush current
( such thing as cold lamp filament current))