Convertible Top Cover question - Results

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Convertible Top Cover question - Results
From: "Wendy Hart" <hartw@PLASTEKGROUP.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:52:01 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
I had several replies sent to me on this one.

They all agreed that this cover came with TR6's with factory hardtops.

Paul Mitchell told me: "... I assume was issued to those buying from the
factory with a hardtop. If you install the hardtop (if you have one) and
leave the soft top in place, then the second row of poppers under the
"parachute" allows you to fasten the hood bag over the soft top and onto the
inside of the hard top. You turn the edge of the bag back so the new poppers
are free. You will find that the little cutouts in the parachute fit round
the pillars of the hard top..."

So now the question remains: which one of you has my hard top?!?

I wonder if the BMH certificates tell you what options came with each car
when it was purchased?

Thanks again to everyone who helped out!

Wendy Hart
1975 TR6 (sans hard top, but apparently ready for one)
1976 TR7