Re: Minneapolis lister spotted?

To: <Tobermory9@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Minneapolis lister spotted?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:31:27 -0500
From: Tobermory9@aol.com <Tobermory9@aol.com>

>I was in Minneapolis over the weekend

Next time you are to be in the Twin Cities, let me know you are coming.  It
is pretty traditional on the autox and lotus-cars lists, so it might as well
work for the Triumphs list too.

>and the weather was beautiful!

Oh, yes.  Wouldn't trade that sort of weather for anywhere else on earth.

>It seemed everybody who had a classic car had it out.

Well, no.  I was putting up privacy-fence panels at my house.  Then I went
over to my son-in-law's and helped him dig holes and set posts for same.
Three of his had to go through concrete.  Serious work.

Sue and I intend to have the TR4 downtown Saturday night for the Snoopys on
Parade combo with the Capital City Classic Cruisers.  After that, they will
take the Snoopys back to the shop and then auction them off at the Megamall.

>I saw only one Triumph -
>a brown Spit near 50th and Beard being driven with the top down by a lone
>gentleman.  My friend who was chauffering me around town thought I was
wierd
>for wanting to flag down the driver, so I never got to find out if it was a
>fellow lister - was it?

Sorry.  Don't know the guy.   If you wanted to see Triumphs in the Twin
Town, we had our meeting last Thursday night, and many cars showed up at the
Fort Snelling Officer's Club.