I hate to put the top up in rain - a rant

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: I hate to put the top up in rain - a rant
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:59:02 -0400

I must not be living right anymore.  Up until this week, the top on my car had
been up only 3 times since the tenth of May (I'm into open air and using a
tonneau).   Even though this summer (in SE Michigan) has been considerably
wetter than the previous three years, I have been very lucking in my commuting -
typically I drive the Triumph to work for all but 2 or 3 days per month in
season.  I have been just ahead of, behind or along side of some serious rain.
Occasionally I have stretched out an errand on the way home to let a
thunderstorm clear out ahead of me.

Twice this week I have had to put the top up (in the rain) to go home.  On
Monday afternoon I left work early for a doctor's appointment.  When I pulled
into the professional building's parking lot there was a small patch of blue sky
visible in an otherwise overcast day.  I snapped the tonneau just enough so that
it would not get whipped up by any wind.  As I was getting ready to leave my
doctor's office someone came in and mentioned that there was water leaking into
the elevator!  This was not a good sign and how at I wished at that moment that
I had secured the tonneau better.  Yesterday the forecast was for light to
moderate rain from mid morning thru the afternoon - which it did - followed by a
cold front .  Unfortunately it was still raining late in the afternoon when I
left work with no sign of clearing.  After putting up the top and wiping down
the formerly exposed sunvisors and windshield I notice the beginnings of
clearing off on the horizon.  By the time I had covered 8 miles in very slow
traffic it had stopped raining.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This message contains information which may be privileged
or confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
NOTIFIED that any dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by calling our office at (905) 669-2888
or by return e-mail at info@decoma.com, Attention:  General Counsel.