TR3 Steering Box Rebuild

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Steering Box Rebuild
From: "Dave Brackin" <dbrackin@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:10:40 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Listers,
I need to contact someone who has rebuilt a TR3 steering box.  I have
disassembled the entire unit and thought everything was going well til I
received the new worm gear.  Wow what a problem.  How does one get the new
gear on the stator tube?  The flared end is just a bit too large to allow
the new gear to slip on.  I think I've narrowed the flare about as far as I
dare for fear of it cracking when I open the flare back up after positioning
the gear.  Any suggestions?  There must be a trick to the installation.

If not who does a good rebuild for someone in my current position?  (ie: I
have all the parts, and I do mean all, the box is dissasembled and clean.)

Thanks for all your help.  This list is great.
Dave Brackin