Why?

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Why?
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:13:10 -0400
So - folks - I got the old TR6 going today after several hours of the
sunshine treatment right here in my back yard.  I could have enlisted
some of the mosquitoes out there and just flown the thing instead of
driving it.
        While driving around the cemetary of my parents final abode in second
gear for about 3/4 mile I got ready to motor across the street and on
home but had to give it a little extra "push & grind" into first gear.
Sometimes this happens after I have driven a ways.  Sometimes after
stopping on an off ramp after a 10 mile or so trip on the interstate it
is hard to get into gear.  So I always go into 2nd when I make any stops
just to be sure I'll have a gear to start in.  You must have the right
"technique" to drive one of these LBCs.
Too much rambling.  So, why would my clutch "go down" in situations like
this and after a few "pumps" come back up?
John Summers
74 TR 6