Removing sills?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing sills?
From: Cliff Hansen <hansenc@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 09:45:47 -0400
Hi,

First, thanks for the answers to my question about welding technique.
I should have mentioned that I have a gas-shielded set-up.  Suggestions
ran the gamut from more heat to less heat, faster wire speed to slow
speed.  I have discovered that the angle at which I hold the gun makes
a difference, I was trying to weld pointed down, works much better
pointed up.

While waiting for Monday so I can get some deep clamps, I started
removing the sills (which are rusted through.)  How in the world do
this things come out?  I need to pull the outer sill and to repair the
panel on the inside, under the car.  I have replacements.  I started by
drilling out the spot welds along the front, top edge and grinding away
the welds at the bottoms of the A and B posts, where else?

Thanks for the help.

Cliff Hansen
hansenc@flash.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L