Re: Koni Question for TR3

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Koni Question for TR3
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 22:55:26 -0600

David Massey wrote:

> Message text written by Tom Ambrose
> >His question is: How does one adjust the Konis after they're installed?
> After listening to the difficulties
> <
>
> Take them back out.

Yup, Dave, and others--very true, sad to say. I can't say that Spax
shocks are likely to last longer than Konis (Koni really does have a
good reputation for longevity--we have just now been installing them on
Detroit DOT buses and Koni warrants the shock, on heavy-duty equipment,
for 300,000 miles), but the Spax shocks have two distinct advantages
over Konis--if installed properly, they can be adjusted on the car.
Second, there are considerably more settings available in the range of
operation, which makes it a much easier business to, say, drive to an
autocross without fear of shaking loose an internal organ, set the
shocks for competition use in little time, adjust those settings as
required between runs, and then return them to the street settings
before leaving.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter