Re: wire wheel tubes

To: <erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wire wheel tubes
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 00 08:24:55 -0700
>  I too, have always used the Michlins....

Alas, me too.

But these days the XZX tyre is the only 165/15 tyre you can get off the
shelf at your local Michlin dealer.  These tyres wear well but they are
not performance tyres by any stretch of the imagination.  These tyres
don't hold well on tight corners and their reaction to full accelleration
is to spin and dance the rear of the Triumph around.  It looks cool but
doesn't do much for accelarating out of a tight curve.  Though it is a
good tyre for people who do light touring and show circuits and want a
tyre that lasts forever.

For me staying with Michlin for my Triumph means going through Coker to
get some XVS 165HR15 tyes at around US$165 each.

The price alone makes me wonder what Yokahoma and others have to offer.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.