Re: Crash test yuppies (TR3)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crash test yuppies (TR3)
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 08:51:40 +0200
From:                   "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
To:                     "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject:                Crash test yuppies (TR3)
Date sent:              Mon, 4 Sep 2000 07:58:14 +0100
Send reply to:          "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>

Curiousity sent me to the URL for this article. My own knowledge of the US auto
industry
does not qualify me to comment but it's clear the author of this material
possesses a
knowledge of the UK industry of the immediate post-war years that is limited in
the
extreme. Indeed, I'd stick my neck out by saying it could be summarised in just
two words
totalling seven letters that would easily fit on the back of a postage stamp.
But why
should we complain? It's something called journalism, it presumably sells
newspapers and
it's largely sensationalist claptrap in which demonstrated research is
conspicuous by its
absence. In that respect, it probably differs little from all the other
material that
finds its way into daily publications of a similar type.

Jonmac

How do they call this kind of journalists again in the U.S.
A Prime League *******
Sorry could not resist
Jean