RE: Lime Rock, Concour

To: <Gbouff1@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lime Rock, Concour
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TRSix@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 22:23:36 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
This is a great show but, evidently, Dodge is no longer a sponsor and as a
result.............. there weren't the usual 60 Dodge Vipers lining the
track! Gary must have missed Al Dufault's (a list member too) very nice
Mimosa TR6 but he's right in that there were only a few Triumphs. What
amazed me about the auction was the cars that didn't sell because the
reserve wasn't met. Most of us struggle to come up with a few thousand to
buy/maintain our Triumphs. Today I watched a Corvette get a bid of $85,000
and it didn't sell because the $95,000 reserve wasn't met. Another car was
bid up to $90,000 but had a $100,000 reserve!!! The cars at auction were a
dream come true.............. but only if I hit Powerball and Lotto! Touring
the paddock area is also an experience........ beautiful classic cars in
full race prep............ huge rigs to haul them all over the country......
quite different from the way I work on my car. I wish I could attend the
races tomorrow but my day will be spent at a friend's wedding. Let us know
how the day turns out Gary.

Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Current Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD