Re: Window Crank install/\Best tip ever!!!

To: rjs_cpa@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window Crank install/\Best tip ever!!!
From: Jody007@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:45:01 EDT

 Below is without a doubt the best Triumph tech tip ever!!!! I discovered
years ago and it has turned a fustrating pain in the butt task into a piece
of cake. I've always used a coat hanger.
<<
 What I do to get the pin back in the window crank is
 to take a piece of wire stock the same diameter as the
 pin and then cut the stock almost through.  The longer
 piece of wire stock is more managable.  When the stock
 is through the crank simply bend back and forth to
 break off.  I have had the pin fall out withhout using
 the springs, so I use all the components but change
 the pin.

 Thanks,

 Bob >>