Re: Front Suspension Washer

To: GrubbLaw@aol.com
Subject: Re: Front Suspension Washer
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:59:08 -0400
Bill/Randall:

Thanks for the help in the infamous serrated washer without the
groves!  I spoke to Dave at TRF today and here is what I did
tonight:

He did not recommend "cutting" the serrations by tightening down the
washer using the nut since this could strip the threads of the
trunnion. He referenced the TR4 manual and that ST stopped putting
in the serrations and this was the way the stand parts arrived. So,
I mounted the trunnion in the bench clamp, put the washer over the
trunnion shaft, placed a deep well socket over the shaft and
drove down the washer to cut the serrations. Then using a rubber
head hammer tapped the washer back out. Ended up with perfect
cuttings of the serration.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA