Re: [triumph_mayflower] Its alive...well kinda anyway! (long and boring)

To: <triumph_mayflower@egroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [triumph_mayflower] Its alive...well kinda anyway! (long and boring)
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:23:15 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumph_mayflower@egroups.com>

So I did a compression check and found that only #1 cylinder had any
compression and then
not a great deal.  I ended up pulling the head and found that one valve in #2
cylinder was
stuck open, part of the gasket was missing between #3 and #4 cylinders and #4
cylinder had
both valves stuck open.

Something tells me in the mists of time that this may not have been how it left
the
factory

Wasn't cheap at $200...

Ye Gods, Brad - why didn't you ask for jam as well !!  All other things
considered, it's
great to know the old lady is now in the land of the living. A brake rebuild
might be a
good idea and it will be interesting to read your later post as to whether you
can notice
a tangible improvement <g>

Good luck

Jonmac