RE: TR2 wing beading

To: "bob annand" <bob.annand@ns.sympatico.ca>, "William Scherer" <scherer_william@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: TR2 wing beading
From: "Mark Gendron" <mgendron@speakeasy.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:38:41 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
The beading on my TR2 was extruded vinyl. The plastic was colored to match
(or nearly match) the body color. About fifteen years ago, I obtained a new
set from a TR2 owner named Doug Canfield (Doug, are you out there?) Doug had
a friend who worked in a factory that produced extruded vinyl, and they
worked "after hours" to perfect a die and produce samples that matched the
contours of an original piece.

I have heard that some TR2's used different types of fender welting, such as
a round bead of vinyl material wrapped around a wire. I cannot confirm this.

Here are some photos (because fifteen years later, I still haven't finished
the car!)

http://www.speakeasy.org/~mgendron/graphics/triumph/tr2_beading_profile.jpg
http://www.speakeasy.org/~mgendron/graphics/triumph/tr2_beading_roll.jpg

Mmm. . .candy. . .