RE: Flywheel Botls and Locknuts

Subject: RE: Flywheel Botls and Locknuts
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:54:59 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Graham :

It's a bit risky comparing the Loctite formulas based on color, as there are
many more formulas than colors, and the colors have changed occasionally over
the years.

However, in general, the red formulas are higher strength than the blue
formulas.  There is a spec comparison on-line at
http://www.loctite.com/literature_html/pdf/threadlock.pdf

I believe 271 is the one most people call 'red', but have no idea which one is
most commonly 'blue'.

Blue is probably fine for lockwasher replacement applications, but every racer
I know firmly believes "If a little is good, a lot is better !" <g>

Randall