Re: Flywheel bots and locknuts

To: "Willy Okarooney" <ok_20_02@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Flywheel bots and locknuts
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:01:24 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Will
I would say not to add washers if they were not there already, most of the
Triumph flywheels are fixed with special low profile head bolts for
clearance reasons, though it would not hurt to add a good coat of locktite
thread lock fluid. I don't think lock nuts are an option on any Triumph
flywheel installation as the holes are tapped into the crankshaft rear boss,
at least they are on the ones I am familiar with.

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI