Thanks, and a TR6 for sale.

To: "Triumphs \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks, and a TR6 for sale.
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 13:40:25 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I'd like to thank everyone who helped out with my burnt valve questions.
After taking a test drive, I did a compression check on the car- all cyl's.
were in the 130-140 psi range. The flywheel side cyl. has an oil fouling
problem, and I'm inclined to think that a worn valve guide is letting to
much oil by.
The engine runs strong, and the popping  (out the tail pipe)  that the owner
attributed to a burnt valve only manifested itself when I snapped off the
throttle on a hard downshift, and it was very minor. It probably has more to
to with the Monza exhaust on the car than any engine problem.
Anyway, the rest of the car is so spectacular that I've decided to buy it!
It's a 2 owner 73K car with mirror-like black paint and gold panasports. I'm
hooked!

Which leads to the decision that I must sell my current TR6, my '73 "driver"
that I never got around to restoring. It's been a faithful friend the past 4
years, never letting me down. I just don't have the time to restore it .
The paint is faded, but the body is rust free.
The car runs great, but the thrust washers are shot. I have a rebuilt short
block with a Isky street cam installed and new timing chain and gears. I
just haven't had the time to install in the car.
I'm asking $5000 for the car with the spare block, $4500 for just the car.
It's located in Warwick, Rhode Island. My phone # is: 401-461-8213. Email
me: tigerpb@ids.net
See pictures of the car at:
http://users.ids.net/~tigerpb/tr6_for_sale/paul_burr.htm
Thanks for your help.