RE: TR6 - While the dash pad is out....

To: "'Richard R Olson'" <Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 - While the dash pad is out....
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:21:33 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I had the same problem in my 6.  It was coming in under the chrome plate
riveted to the windshield frame across the top. It would run into the hole
the roof locking mechanism goes into and the visor hinge from there. It ran
all over the place and seemed to be coming from everywhere. The turns where
it comes splashing out the visor hinge kept me squirming.

Drill out the rivets holding that chrome piece on and clean the old sealant
out of the underside of the chrome piece and the top of the top frame.  Use
a substantial bead of clear silicone sealant to make good contact to both
the chrome piece and the windshield frame its entire length and re-rivet.

End of problem.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK