Re: Triumphest 2000

To: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Triumphest 2000
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:24:07 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Randall,
You are probably right about the organization of such events.  I found my own
lodging at VTR after finally getting a schedule of events
(but that's another story).  I stayed at the Best Western Inn at the Meadows
near PIR because it was much closer to both the autocross
competition and the auto show.  Plus my daughter works for BW and got ma a room
for half price that included a great Continental
breakfast.

I think there is no autocross at Triumphest this year because the event is
being staged on what is essentially an island and space for
such an event is limited.  If you find out more, I'd appreciate knowing.  I am
going to look and see if the local SCCA chapter is
having anything that weekend.  If so, it would probably be on Sunday and would
fit in well!

I was in the VTR group photo but my car was obscured by three people standing
in front of it, so I didn't spring for the 45 bucks to
see all the other cars!

Joe