The Road from Portland (Day 2)

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, TR8 List <TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: The Road from Portland (Day 2)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 01:07:05 -0400
Time for a sleep in after yesterday's driving that wasn't completed until
11:00 PM.  A quick dash across the border and find a B&B in Vancouver and
we are off to Stanley Park.  I've never been to Vancouver, especially in a
Triumph.  Last year is was new personal records for driving a Triumph when
we drove to Quebec and New Brunswick.  Now it is the furthest west I have
ever been and a new Province.  The weather was cool and overcast all
morning (finally.  It has been nothing but hot and sunny our whole trip).
The sun finally came out after noon and the whole city was out at the park
(since it is a national holiday here) and we all still fit.

But, here we are, in Canada, driving metric (not a problem for me, I'm
bilingual) and spending all the cash I had left over form last year.  And
tomorrow we'll feed some of these funny coin things into the laundomat.
(Editor's note: The Canadian two dollar coin is a two piece affair, just
like the 10 Franc coin found in France)

The Car has performed flawlessly ever since I sorted out the cooling
system.  over 3,000 miles (5,000 KM) and it has used only about 1/4 to 1/3
quart of oil.  And it is averaging about 22 to 23 MPG.

Well, this is as far as I go into the forest.  Tomorrow we head back out.
Just as Lewis and Clark did in the spring of 1806, we head back east for
the first time.  As much as I like the west coast I find I must return to
civilization (Just kidding) and the life I have chosen back in ol' St.
Louee.  It's a big continent and there is much to see.  Too much for the
limited time that I have.  Someday, when I am retired or rich (or both) I
can take more time, smell more roses, meet more folks along the way.

Cheers folks.

Dave Massey
On the Road in Vancouver, BC