Re: OD success! plus exhaust hangar question

To: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Subject: Re: OD success! plus exhaust hangar question
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 23:23:34 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Ted
The choice on the switches may not be as open as you think, I have a 2000
saloon which normally has the column switch, I didn't have the correct
switch so I used the stick top switch which is more normal on the J type
O/D, then I found out that due to the position of the indicator switch
indicating ones intention to overtake and switching out of O/D to get the
boost to perform the overtake are not possible simultaneously due to the
fact that the indicator is on the same side as the gearstick. (left in UK)
is yours on the right, if so you will want the column switch, they are also
a lot more convenient and tend to reduce the bad practice of resting ones
hand on the gearstick which will if repeated often enough cause the selector
fork to wear!

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite