Re: Rear Swaybar on a TR 4?

To: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@nceas.ucsb.edu>
Subject: Re: Rear Swaybar on a TR 4?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:12:22 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
"Jeffrey J. Barteet" wrote:

> Hi, Folks,
>
> I added an addco front swaybar to my TR4 and it's done wonders for how well
> the car handles and corners.
>
> Now I'm thinking of doing the same for the rear.
>
> I recall from by MGB days that many people felt the rear sway bar on the
> MGB was a waste of time and money.
>
> What's the consensus for TR4?  Does anybody have one that cares to share
> their experiences?
>
> -jeffrey
>
> '62 TR4

I hve raced a TR4 in vintage racing for the past five years. I installed a rear
sway bar at the start and then improved the handling by removing it. I know of
five or six other drivers who have gone through the same sequence. I wouldn't
recommend the rear bar.

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 but no longer racing