TR4 OD switch/up or down?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 OD switch/up or down?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 20:23:32 EDT
Hi List
I recently bought a NOS short-stemmed (4" not 6") overdrive column switch
(punched dated 7-64 on base) on eBay and wondering if someone could tell me -
are they 'handed' for US and UK markets? It seems funny that the stem handle
be in UP postion for OFF, and DOWN position for ON (opposite your normal
household light switch). I do think that it looks better in off position (up)
because it is more visible this way from behind steering wheel spokes during
normal driving.
Anybody have the original 'short stemmed' overdrive switch on their US TR4
that can tell me - is up off? - is down on?

Carl Sereda
TR4 CT22326L awaiting O since '74