Re: The road to Portland (Day 2)

To: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: The road to Portland (Day 2)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:51:01 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Douglas Frank
>In 1975, I got orders to Groton CT.   So off I go in my little
Fiat, from Idaho to CT in three days.  No problem... crap, she's
running on three cylinders.  (Ever drop a cylinder in a 4-banger
Fiat?  Your Grandma could push harder.)  Idaho was OK, but in Wyo
I got into some hills.  Floor it downhill, and you might just
make it up the other side in a 3-cylinder X-1/9.  But that means
you're doing 85 through the bottom as you start up the other
side.  So, naturally, that's where the heat waits.  B*stard
didn't buy my story and wrote me my very own ticket.

Well, that was 1975... and it's still unpaid.  Screw it and them.

--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.  Larceny, n.  A sturdy fiber
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.      of which the human heart is

That was 1975 and the infamous double nickle (55 MPH national speed limit)
Today the speed limit in Wyoming (and utah and Idaho) is 75.  As far as
"screw your ticket" I think that that is what most of the locals say, too.

I did see two patrolcars going the other way and one had somebody pulled
over!  I wonder how fast he was going.  Must have been plenty as even at 75
- 80 we were being passed by most of the other traffic.  Including the
Trucks!
Especially the trucks.

I see you made it anyway.  And stayed.

Dave