Re: Fuel Gauge Repair

Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge Repair
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:11:36 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dennis :

I've had mine apart, although I'm not sure how successful you'd call the
result <g>

However, before tearing into the gauge, make sure the body of the gauge
is securely grounded and there is a good connection between the gauge
and the sender.  Unlike the later cars with voltage stabilizers, the TR3
fuel gauge must be grounded to work correctly, and the apparent factory
ground path is far from secure.

Randall
59 TR3A