British Car Field Day - Sussex, WI

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: British Car Field Day - Sussex, WI
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:50:42 -0500
Attended the British Car Field Day in Sussex, WI, yesterday.  What a nice
show.  The park in which it is held is a natural amphitheater, with a pond
at the bottom.  The cars are lined up in circles around the amphitheater
"walls".  There were the usual platoons of MGs, probably 15 or so TR3As, one
TR3B and one TR3.  I spoke to a couple of TR8 owners who had bored and
stroked their engines to 5 liters - one had four side draft, dual choke
Webers on it!  There were a lot of TR6s, Spitfires, some TR4s and 4As, and
at least one TR250.  There was a '57 Lotus Elite (the best looking Lotus
made, in my opinion, and quite rare), TWO HRGs, a couple of Morgans, several
Jags, four or five minis, a couple of Morris Minor Travellers and a Ford
Pilot woody wagon, for sale.  A couple of Bug-eye Sprites, a lot of big
Healeys and one really interesting MGB that had a VW Golf engine in it.  A
very nice conversion, too!  The guy that did it also races a Saab in the
International Class at the local speedway.

A great day.  I wore my List golf shirt, but nobody recognized the logo and
I didn't see any names that I recognized.  Were any other listers there?