Good clutch, bad generator

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good clutch, bad generator
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:49:49 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
A thank you to all who responded to my post yesterday concerning clutch and
generator problems on my TR-3A.  Also, a thanks to the list archives.  Turns
out the clutch slave cylinder was mounted on the wrong (engine) side of the
bracket - it should be on the transmission side.  The Haynes and Bentley
manuals differ in this area, and I followed Haynes during the assembly
process.  The Haynes manual is wrong on this particular assembly; the
Bentley manual is correct.  Smooth shifts now.

Following Randall Young's advice (as well as that in the Haynes manual), the
generator tested bad.  Looks like the field winding may be bad.  It's a
newly rebuilt unit, run for the first time just recently, but I bought it
about 2 years ago.  We'll see.

Thanks, Dennis