Spitfire for sale Kind of long

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire for sale Kind of long
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:40:06 EDT
OK, I've been reluctant to post this but based on what I've read on the list
lately I'm hoping it's OK. If not don't flame me just let me know.
I have just picked up a 1975 Spitfire. The body and running gear are solid,
two minor dents in nose panel and a small one on the left 1/4 panel. There is
some rust and Bondo
in what I would call the rocker panel however, it's ahead of the door on the
rt. side. The floor pans are rusty but not rusted thru and the bottom of the
battery box is gone.
The engine appears to be all there and the prior owner says it ran but had a
noise in it which he thought was a rocker arm or lifter? It has an o/d trans
but no interior except for what appears to be a complete set of top bows. The
dash wood is pretty crummy but all of the instruments are there. There are 5
original wheels and some good radial tires
and 4 almost new beauty rims. Finally the trunk is about 1/2 full of parts,
most are new
master cyl, clutch and brake, several wheel cyl. kits, an exhaust manifold,
some body parts gaskets, small chrome trim for running lights, etc., etc.
It looks to me to be a good candidate for restoration or at least for someone
who needs a good body. All suspension is present and appears to be OK.
I know very little about Spitfires (I have a TR3A which I know a good deal
about) but bought this because a friend needed money and frankly I thought I
could make a little money on it.
The car is in the Charlotte, NC area and I could deliver to a reasonably
close area (100 miles or so) The damn thing is on my trailer!
I think a fair price would be $1000.oo
Let me know if you are interested.
Doug Ross
Rosebud Racecar