Re: Email Virus

To: Bob Danielson <75TRSix@snet.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Email Virus
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 06:05:19 -0600

Bob Danielson wrote:

> Usually I don't pass these on, but the current viruses have brought our
> corporate servers to their knees. They're called: Stages, Life Stages or
> Funny and what's real  nasty about them is that the attachment is an
> innocent looking .txt file. Like the other viruses, it re-mails itself to
> everyone in your Outlook address book. I got up and found 30 copies in my
> mail this morning. If you just delete them, you'll have no problems but
> don't open the attachment!!

Bob, it's worth mentioning, too, that in its most recent iterations as
of yesterday afternoon and evening, it does not always have a .txt file
extension. It has also appeared with the extensions .txt.shs, and .shs.
(!)

Unfortunately, the guys distributing these annoying VBS variants are the
same people who are just smart enough to modify code, but not smart
enough to write code of their own for a living, are the same little
twits who fart in church to bring notice to themselves, and who run red
lights for thrill and adventure and then piss and moan when their
insurance rates go up after they get caught. A lethal pox on the lot of
them....

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter