RE: TR3 Carpet Piece Above Gearbox Tunnel

Subject: RE: TR3 Carpet Piece Above Gearbox Tunnel
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:08:59 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
A general observation...  If the carpet is finished it either lays over or
abuts to the adjoining piece.  If it is unfinished, then it goes underneath
whatever is next to it.  (that's question #3)

#2 - I found that the underfelt and any additional padding (ie heatshield
bubblewrap) will help control the heat buildup in the cockpit.  It adds to
the headache of installation because of the added thickness and the
difficulties it creates to "snap" certain pieces to the floor. BUT I would
install the felt again.

#1 - I cut a slit in the carpet for anything that came through the firewall
so that I wouldn't have to take it all apart.  To do it over again, I would
have made holes and then fed the line/cable/hose through.

HTH.
Carl