Flywheel grinding - engine block dipping

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flywheel grinding - engine block dipping
From: "Picard, Pierre" <Pierre@incognito.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:07:40 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm curious to hear what the list has to say about lightening the flywheel.
Engine reassembly is still a few weeks away but I'm curious. If I wait to
ask, I'll forget and say "Doh!" after re-installing the engine.

I've read the great reviews from a lister recently reporting the slight
increase in acceleration this seems to produce as well as the ease in which
it revs up.

If that lister could elaborate on the new specs of his flywheel, I'd
appreciate it. Info on which surface was machined and how much was taken off
would be handy. I looked at mine and can't quite figure out where the 7 - 9
pounds were  taken off. My best guess would be on the clutch side ? ? ?

On the subject of engine block hot dipping,  is the dipping done in a
caustic environment such as for body panels or is it a real hot steam/water
combo? Is the head done also? With or without the valves? So far I've steam
cleaned the oil pan and beaded the valve cover. Gunk engine degreaser for
the block and head is next....

Been some great information flow recently on the list. Much appreciated.

Pierre Picard
74 TR6 - Frame and suspention all done now....
74 TR6 - rusty but fast
75 TR6 - donor RIP