RE: MotorCities Web Site

To: "suhring" <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: RE: MotorCities Web Site
From: "Phil @ Home" <philpatt@kalamazoo.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:04:25 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Over the past 6 months I've had about 4 persons
> e-mail me from the MotorCities web site that my
> 6 is posted on (they have my e-mail link next
> to my name).  For those of you who are not aware
> of this site, they were/are trying to get as many
> different makes of cars posted. They also have a voting
> for car of the week.
>
> Anyway, all four e-mails all wanted to know the same
> thing, "How much are you selling the 6 for?". It makes
> me wonder if Motor City is somehow advertising that the
> cars are for sale?
>
> Anyone else experience this?

I did get one strange msg inquiring how much I wanted for the car, in a
strange way....

In fact, here's the subject line:

        MotorCities.com%20--%201956%20Triumph%20TR3%20signal%20red

and the body of the text:

        "can give me history on car and what has been done and how much"

At the time I thought it was just odd, but that subject line appears to me,
to be machine generated (who types %20 for a space, except in HTML coding?)

Something strange is probably going on...  Can't wait til I get my own
website online....

Cheers,

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}
56 TR3  - TS11820-L  {Dad's}
56 TR3  - TS9169-LO {Anyone seen this car? - Last seen in Missouri in 1964}
philpatt@kalamazoo.net
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2890/