TR4 OD ball - last chapter

To: Nyberg Peter <Peter.Nyberg@lio.se>
Subject: TR4 OD ball - last chapter
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:11:54 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Nyberg Peter
>In 4th gear and 3000 rpm I engaged the OD and the revs fell to 2500.
However
>when I pressed the accelerator very easily the revs increased but not
>the speed. The OD is obviously slipping. When disengaging the OD I'm
>back to 4th again.  Conclusion - the valve is operating OK - the OD is
not. I
>have no idea for how long the 1/4" ball has been in the OD but obviously
too
>long. Thanks again everybody for sharing.
>Peter Nyberg
>CT 17307 L(NO)

Peter, the easy stuff is done, then.  Now it is time to check the pressure.
 For this you will need a gauge with the special fitting.  You may have to
find a garage that services British cars.  If the pressure is low all the
time then the accumulator may need attention.  If the pressure is fine in
direct but falls when O/D is engaged then the valve is suspect.

Good luck.

Dave