GT6 brake BTDT welcomed...

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 brake BTDT welcomed...
From: Douglas Frank <frank@imaphub.zk3.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 22:08:30 -0400
Hello all,

Before "Proud Mary" goes back on the road, I'd like to take care of the brake
pedal pulsations I was feeling last summer.

The front disks & pads look fine (smooth, thick).  The rear drums look pretty
"iffy" though-- rather heavily scored.  I'm assuming they need turning.  Is
there anything else besides out-of-round drums or warped disks, that would
cause a regular pulse to be felt in the pedal?

Also, anyone know what the runout spec might be for a rear drum?  There is a
diameter and thickness spec cast into the drums, but no runout spec.

tia!
--
--Doug

Douglas Frank  Compaq Computer Corp.