TR6 ignition was fuel

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 ignition was fuel
From: "G Spencer" <graham_spens@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 13:57:36 GMT
I want to thank everyone whole heartedly for helping me, as I had a good
ride home last night from work and I have piece of mind knowing what the
problem was.  The TR didn't break down on me either.

  Here's what the probles appears to have been.  The HT lead? (short WB wire
from coil to dizzy) was carroded up under the insulation on the spade
connecter going to the coil.  I want out after work to double check every
thing before leaving for home, and used some electrical tape to pull this
wire down (among other things) I wnat to start the car and no dice.  Checked
the wire, didn't see anything, used a knife and peeled the insulation back
(not really sure why) and noticed very bad corrosion on the wire (dark
green) cut the wire to a clean portion, stuffed it in place with the spade
and had a great drive home.

  I did find other problems as well (bad ground strap, etc), the best part
is that I was thinking fuel, and though it might have been, just by posting
here i was able to get so other ideas to try, and not have to get towed home
or worse, all over a 50 cent piece of wire.  This list is the best!  Thank
you everyone for your input!!
Thanks,

Graham Spencer

70 TR6