Re: Fuel Pump

To: Richard White <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: Ed Woods <fogbro1@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 08:39:36 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
List,

Like my old bones, the fuel pump action can stiffen from disuse. If it's
been in storage with the lever on the high point of the cam, the spring
may not be strong enough to return the operating lever to the "rest"
position when the cam moves as the engine's cranked; that is, the lever
won't follow the cam. It's also possible that the first action of the
cam may move the lever to the high point and just leave it there. Same
result.

Remove the pump and check the action of the lever. WD40 or your favorite
alternative might work wonders on the offending joint.

Seems like that's what worked for me somewhere in the misty past.

Ed Woods