Re: Which drive do people like!, & some GT6 camshaft & head info

To: William Hooper <rotoflex@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Which drive do people like!, & some GT6 camshaft & head info
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 21:23:02 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Thanks Bill,
 Now I see where you are coming from.  Bear in mind that those documents were
all produced after the introduction of the swing spring
and after the camber compensator was discontinued.  In other words, it was "the
only show in town", so there was nothing to compare
against.  Still, it doesn't explain why anyone, particularly someone in the
Triumph Competition Department) would recommend replacing
the rotoflex with the swing spring.  Apparently the factory was really proud of
the needless investment in R&D that yielded the swing
spring.

They tackled a problem (Wheel tuck) by reducing one of the superior traits of
the Spitfire, which of course is outstanding roll
stiffness.  Kas' very simple and effective solution didn't take away from roll
stiffness but attacked the problem, not the symptom.

I am going to take this opportunity to ask Kas his opinion of the
recommendation to replace the rotoflex with the swing spring.  I
think the factory did it to save bucks but if it is already there, I can't see
why anybody would recommend changing it to a less
effective suspension.  Anyway, I'll report back with what he says.

Regards,
Joe