Sad Story (No LBC, a little LIC content)

Subject: Sad Story (No LBC, a little LIC content)
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:04:12 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Sorry for the lack of British content, but knowing a common interest in
small sports cars, I have a sad story to relate.

While out of town today I spied a 308 Ferrari on private parking with a "for
sale" sign in the window (a rare site indeed in rural Illinois).  Having a
long lunch hour and feeling particularly well dressed I stopped in.  Sure
enough the owner came out and we had a nice discussion about sports cars in
general and our respective projects.  Finally, he offered me the chance to
"test drive" the Ferrari.  Of course, I jump on the chance, but as the lunch
hour was getting short, I was forced to make arrangements to come back after
work for my "drive."  Well, between 12:45 and 4:00 P. M. the car got sold.
And this was after the seller had it for sale for more than two months!!!.
As usual, a minute late and many bucks short.  Oh, well.

Kg