Toe-in / Toe-out Pt. 2

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Toe-in / Toe-out Pt. 2
From: "Kevin N. Andrews" <kevina@emji.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:00:15 -0400
Saw some posts on a couple of things on this from you guys. Try my best to
explain.
    As far as having the rear toe on an autocross car you would more than
likely to need 0 toe. Remember scrubbing. Want the wheels to follow without
scrubbing. Also too much toe-in will cause quicker steering but , quicker
tire wear.
If you have anyway possible use of an alignment machine or someone who will
let you watch. Set the front toe with the swaybar loose, and check your bump
steer. i.e. ( You have 1/16 th toe in and while pushing down on front , the
toe should be 0. Kind of want to simulate the braking while going into the
corner) Most of the cars we set up for Atlanta and Roebling Road has about
1/16 to 1/8 toe in. Depends on the car. And track.
    And to the guy with the TR-3. Check the steering box. It could be too
tight.
Hope I can help someone. But this is in my own opinion.And from 10 years of
experiance.
Kevin Andrews
Siler City, NC
250's