TR mention in Gone in sixty second interview

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR mention in Gone in sixty second interview
From: V8TR4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 02:41:19 EDT
I just watched an interview with Nicholas Cage on his new movie "Gone in
sixty seconds". He mentions that his first car was a 71 Triumph Spitfire. He
also notes that it cost him every penny he made while he owned it to keep it
running. He recently bought the car back and is now restoring it. The host
made some negative remark about Triumphs, though the host is not someone who
you would ask for an automotive opinion anyway.  The original Gone in sixty
seconds was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, the scenes from the
new remake look good but I flinch every time I see a classic old car get
crunched for a movie. I see postings here of TRs in movies so thought I would
add this to the mix of unwanted email flowing in your inbox.

Op