Re: Rattling windows

To: David Brister <david@dbrister.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Rattling windows
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 22:49:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
David,

I promised this set of instruction to my club several months ago, but forgot
about it for a while.  I replaced my window channels using new channel sections
from Moss (803-265 for $7.95 each).  The set of instructions is at:

http://www.sctoa.org/win-chan.htm

This is the first draft of the instructions, so please let me know if you think
I messed up.

While you are doing the channels (and you have the inside of the door exposed),
it is easier to do the window seals.  Some of the parts books show what the tool
to install the clips should look like.  I made my neat little tool to install
the clips from a blanking plate from my computer - the little metal plates that
you remove when you install a new card in a PC type computer.  Just bend over
the little tab at the bottom to hold the clip.  I use a bit of masking tape to
help hold the clip in place during installation.

All of this can be done without removing the window glass.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6