New TR family member

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New TR family member
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 12:53:39 -0600
CTC57829L (1967 TR4A) has officially (and completely) arrived.    I'd
brought most of it back in boxes a few months ago.  I went and picked up
the rolling chassis (with the American Racing Equipment eight spoke
wheels, hoohah!!!) and tub this morning and brought it home.  Still
can't believe my luck in finding a nice solid tub and frame for my TR4A
project (pictures on request).  But I can't take my eyes off those
wheels...I LIKE em.

So what's the list's recommendation on cleaning alloy wheels?  Should I
use the usual wheel cleaner stuff sold at the discounters or is there a
better way to go?  I think they are aluminum and not magnesium.  How do
you tell?  I've heard magnesium gets a brown tint as it ages but these
ARE wheels look gray under all the crud.  Has anyone had any experience
with having alloys trued up?

Anybody want to buy two TR4A seats in really bad condition (only buy em
for the frame)?  Pics available.  Maybe I'll put them on the TTA page.

Thanks in advance.
Bud
TR4As
TR6s