Free Wire Wheels

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Free Wire Wheels
From: "Erkan Hassan" <ehassan@rx.umaryland.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 20:24:26 -0400
Listers,

I recently upgraded my 62 TR3B to 60 spoke chrome wire wheels (damn
are they pretty).  Anyway, I have no need for the old wheels, so they
are free to anyone who would like to give them a home.  Before you
jump at this, let me tell you a little about them.

The wheels are 48 spoke painted wire wheels.  The guy at the wheel
shop (this shop specializes in wheels and does a lot of work on and
for Dayton) says they are probably the original wheels that came with
the car in 1962...and they look it.  He only looked at 2 of the wheels
and said one needs to be trued and he had no idea how many spokes
needed to be replaced.  The other had a bent rim.  The 2 he looked at
(and probably the other 2 as well) had worn splines.  Most of the
spokes have superficial crud on them, but none of them appear to be
rusted through and through.

The tires have sat on the car for an unkown period of time, but are
not round any longer (these are available too for the same price...
FREE).

I would not recommend they be used on the car regularly, however may
get you through an emergency as a spare.  If no one wants to have them
rebuilt (one could probably get new wheels for the price to rebuild
these) they go to the dump.

If you are interested, all I ask is that you cover the shipping charge
to get them to you.  I don't want to misrepresent these wheels.  As
the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Erkan Hassan