Re: goofy vent on rocker cover

To: Jeff Slaton <slatonj@vci.net>
Subject: Re: goofy vent on rocker cover
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:01:00 -0400 ()
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 30 May 2000, Jeff Slaton wrote:

> Okay gang, Being a TR6 and an early side screen TR person I had a
> question about the origin of a goofy looking rectanglar vent on the rear
> of a rocker cover I obtained in a recent lot of parts I aquired.  Its
> chrome as the rest of the cover but appears to maybe be of a cheap cast
> metal.  I'm not sure what kind of TR this cover came off of....

I can't say as I've ever seen one of those vents before, but the cover
itself is a TR2-3 style of cover, with the older push-on oil filler cap at
the front. I'm not sure what a vent like that was supposed to have done?

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,  *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22) *