Vintage Pioneer Supertuner, any takers?

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Vintage Pioneer Supertuner, any takers?
From: Brian Furgalus <triumph.tr7@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 18:32:45 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
NO ARCHIVE

Listers,

I have just bought a brand-new Blaupunkt CD Player (cheapest Blau I
could find at $85 new!) for my TR7, and it will be taking the place of a
very nice, vintage Pioneer Supertuner from the early '80's (this unit is
probably from around late '81- early '82).  This unit looks and sounds
great, especially for a unit of this age.  It has a tape deck that works
OK (sluggish tape mechanism, if you don't use it for a while) with Dolby
B noise reduction that sounds great.  This radio does not have an
integral amp, but comes with it's own special (30W) unit that is small
enough to mount under the dash (where mine is).  And, for you TR7/8
owners out there, it actually FITS in the hole.  It barely sticks out!
It is silver with the two knobs, etc.  I have the amp manual with wiring
instructions, but none for the radio itself.  Best offer gets it.
Anybody game?  I'd keep it, but I have about two tapes left.  Everything
else is on CD!

Brian
Cleveland, OH, USA

1981 TR7 DHC