TR3? Radiator

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3? Radiator
From: "Dixon, Andy" <ADixon@oao.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:51:22 -0400
Went to Carlisle this weekend, was it cold and miserable. Many thanks to all
the vendors/friends that were there braving the weather. Special thanks to
those I got to see in the short time I was there, Ted Schumacher, John
Rossi, Power British, and British Parts Connection. If you were there and I
didn't get to see you I apologize, I listened to the weatherman - shorts and
List shirt were not exactly the clothes to be wearing.

Oh yes! The question:

I bought a "TR3" radiator at the show. It looks like it's been recored as
there was no crank handle hole. Long stem. However it takes a 3/4" radiator
cap rather than the 1". Did the final long neck TR4 radiators have the
shorter cap? More importantly, should I use a 4lb or 7lb radiator cap?

TIA

Andy