Re: TR6 TRIM QUIZ

To: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 TRIM QUIZ
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:46:54 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu

This thread got me curious, so I examined the instrument bezels on my car
(74 1/2)  a bit more closely.  A most interesting experience: the edges of
the bezels are chrome, while the inner, conical portions (which lead to
the glass) are flat black.  Thus you have a thin chrome ring rather than
a solid chrome or flat black.  As you note, the lights are green.

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Will wrote:

> >On Sat, 13 May 2000, Johnny Desforges wrote:
> >

> >>  I have a 1975 tr6, should the bezel's on the guages be chrome or painted
> >>  black,<
> >
> >That's funny, the bezels in my 74 (all original) were chrome (I say were
> >because I traded the car) whereas the bezels on my 71 are black.  The TR6's
> >were modified for 73 with the new gauges which had chrome bezels (or so I
> >thought)
> >
> >Dave
>

> Thats right, the bezels changed to chrome in '73, the illumination
> changed to green, and the needles on the small instruments pivot from
> the bottom instead of the top.
>

> --
> William Davies
> 1975 TR6 PI